Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- @AspieSurvngLoss and Amelia Lehto @Atoes84 Chat about the #AAS Toolkit “Crisis Supports for the Autism Community.”
- Suicide, Social Media, and Censorship: Reasonable people diverge on difficult issue. 2/19/19 #SPSM #ImpactedFamily #LivedExperience #SuicideReporting
- @ TCruz76 & Heather Cruz Chat: When the #impactedfamily is Military, but it’s a 2-4-1 night (oh,my!) – then @TraceyMedeiros2 joins Tom to revisit their #AAS18 workshop on #PeerSpecialists
- @JudgeWren Chats Judges as Champions 4 Suicide Prevention. Sunday, Feb.10th 9PM ET
- @SPSMCHAT 2.0 Reboot! Hosts an Open Mic on Feb. 3rd, 9:00 pm ET. It’s #YourTurn. What are the #HotTopics for you related to suicide prevention, intervention or postvention? Where are the gaps? What might be a solution?
Category Archives: Uncategorized
@Semavav aka Annemarie Matulis chats #Jan13 9pmET #ACalltoAction #ImpactedFamily #Marginalized #Traumatized Who are they? Could “they” be “you”?
January 13, 2019 9:00 pm ET (please note change to Eastern Time!) Marginalized: adjective (of a person, group, or concept) treated as insignificant or peripheral. Unpleasant word. Unpleasant feeling. The aftermath of a catastrophic event – a tornado, a hurricane, … Continue reading
Kate Spade. The CDC Report. Anthony Bourdain. #SPSM reflect on changes on our media responses after 5 years. 5/10/18, 9pCT.
Kate Spade. The CDC Report. Anthony Bourdain. Chances are, if you are in the SPSM community you have been participating in media about one or all of these events in the last week. Five years ago, when we launched SPSM, … Continue reading
@SeanYoungPhD chats #twitter #suicide #research and #ethics with #SPSM, 6/3/18, 9pCT. #CLPsych #HITsm #mhsm
Dr Sean Young chats with #SPSM about what happens when you start a study on social media signals for sleep health, and veer into the topic of suicide…only to find out that the IRB isn’t experienced with this issue. Join … Continue reading
Hudson Harris, @LegalLevity, chats with #SPSM about all things tech, data governance, and privacy, 5/27/18. You can check out his blog, here. Watch us LIVE here: Chief Engagement Officer of Harris Logic, Hudson Harris is a privacy advocate and mental … Continue reading
As 13 Reasons Why launches season 2 (premiere was delayed, due to the most recent school shooting) the suicide prevention community launches a new toolkit and talking points. The series added trigger warnings and resources to each episode (great!) and also … Continue reading
#SPSM podcast joins #GeekTherapy network (thanks @JosueACardona), and how @ShaneDawson got us shook this week, 5/12/18, 9pCT.
Sometimes things don’t go quite as planned… We had good reason to believe our plans to convert SPSM chat video into podcasts would be well underway by 5/12/18, and we’d be ready for you to subscribe. Josue Cardona met with … Continue reading
SPSM chats about passive tracking devices/apps, such as Fitbit, and how that data may be related to detecting/predicting suicide risk, and preventing suicide attempt/death, 9pCT. Fitbit has been entering the medical device landscape, and for excellent business reasons. Snidely referred … Continue reading